The core of the technology
Let's explain step by step how the technology behind Ray® Osmotex Active Sterilising Face Mask® works.
Moisture in the textile (from expiration or spraying) transports viruses and microbes and effectively bond them to the textile.
The special materials will liberate antiviral/antimicrobial compounds. On one side of the mask the moisture (H2O) will be ozonated (O3), while on the other side it will be richer in hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) – in ppm concentrations.
The ozone (O3) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) dissolved in the moisture will eventually be reduced to water and oxygen, without going into the air.
The result is water, which will ultimately evaporate.
Lets summarise the advantages
- Superior performance
- environmentally friendly
- Same agents used for operation rooms at hospitals
- much more potent than the passive sterilising textiles as well as most chemicals
- works faster and also when wet, dirty or with high concentrations of viruses / microbes
- Can be actively used for over 1’000 hrs, without reduction in performance
The "One more thing ..."
While we focused on testing the technology’s sterilising/disinfecting effect, additional benefits have been reported by users and researchers:
- Smokers report that the Ray® Osmotex Active Sterilising Face Mask® does not collect smoke odours. Similarly, other users report the odorous removal when in public transportation (additional tests in progress)
- It removes several harmful chemical compounds from the environment (additional tests in progress)
- It creates a humid environment, which protects the mucous membrane and thereby further reduces the risk of infection (additional tests in progress)